Institut Curie (http://www.curie.fr) is looking for talented bioinformaticians/biostatisticians with experience in high-throughput data analysis. According to the different opportunities, the candidates will be detached within the different research teams of the Research Center, working in close collaboration with the bioinformatics core facility of U900 unit (INSERM- Mines Paris Tech – Institut Curie) «cancer and genome: bioinformatics, biostatistics and epidemiology of complex systems» https://curie.fr/plateforme/curiecoretech-bioinformatique-cubic.
Our activity relies on an extremely dynamic environment, with high-quality technological platforms fostering excellence in research. In this context, our projects are frequently based on innovative technologies evolving very rapidly and requiring new dedicated computational methods to extract the relevant information and to answer challenging scientific questions.
The bioinformatics core facility of institut Curie is composed of more than 20 bioinformaticians with skills ranging from high-performance computing and data management to bioinformatics and statistical data analysis. In addition, several engineers/post-doc in bioinformatics are directly embedded within the different research teams, working at the interface with the core facility.
The candidates will work on stimulating and diverse projects related to innovative technologies in order to strengthen our expertise on the following topics:
- Single-cell data analysis (RNA-seq, multi-omics, epigenetics)
- Spatial transcriptomics
- Epigenetics and chromosome conformation
- Image analysis
- Long-reads sequencing.
The successful candidates will participate to:
- Manage bioinformatics projects from data processing to the final scientific results,
- Analyze high-throughput data under the supervision of the research teams,
- Improve existing tools and define sate-of-the-art strategies for data analysis,
- Develop new computational methods, especially for new technologies,
- Train scientists in the use of developed tools and make tutorials.
The candidate should hold an engineering or master’s degree in data science, bioinformatics, biostatistics or any other related domain, followed by a first professional experience in bioinformatics/bioimage analysis or holds a PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, bioimage analysis or any other related domain.
- Strong interest in biology, medical sciences and new technologies
- Experience with bioinformatics/biostatistics tools used in genomics, sequencing data analysis and/or image processing
- Programming skills (Linux, Python, R)
- Able to collaborate with others on their projects and to work in teams
- Able to communicate in English.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 18 to 36 months
- Working time: Full time
- Remuneration: According to the current grids
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Paris
- Reference: 2022-10-U900-BIOINF01
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication date: October 2022
Deadline for application: November 2022
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.