The Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international representativeness.
The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation serving the patient.
An engineer position (IE or IR according to applicant profile) is available in the DEpiC group at UMR3244/Translational Department.
The candidate will work on multi-omics datasets (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, single cell datasets) to create Shiny interfaces from existing R scripts in the lab. The successful candidate will work within the DEpiC group (headed by Céline Vallot), a group constituted of wet-lab biologists as well as data analysts, and in collaboration with the U900 - Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Department - and the Data Department.
We are looking for highly motivated & dynamic candidates with an excellent master 2, who will:
- Enjoy working in a collaborative setting with a small, friendly team
- Be able to work independently and know when to ask for help
- Be reliable and take personal responsibility for delivering results
- Have good attention to detail and enjoy troubleshooting complex systems
- Develop and create Shiny application from existing R scripts and packages
- Excellent communication and effective problem-solving skills, track record in serving a variety of diverse customers and projects
- Work with users to service requests and to provide education and resolution of issues.
To apply, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Curriculum vitae
- Cover letter outlining your motivation
- Names/contact information of two references
- Linux, Unix environments
- RShiny, R, Python
- Strong communication skills
- Master 2
- It would make a difference but it’s not mandatory that candidates have familiarity with genomic data and bioinformatics tools