The CNRS UMR144, known as the "CELL BIOLOGY AND CANCER" research unit, is dedicated to the investigation of cell compartment biogenesis and the intricate molecular mechanisms governing both normal cellular functions and pathologies. Within this context, the "DYNAMICS OF INTRA-CELLULAR ORGANIZATION" team contributions encompass the development of biotechnological tools in cell biology, with a particular emphasis on innovative approaches involving single domain antibodies (SdAb). Collaborating closely with the "Recombinant antibodies platform," the team has successfully established a synthetic library of SdAbs, based on a humanized SdAb scaffold. Additionally, they have introduced novel selection and purification protocols for SdAbs. This joint effort synergizes with the capabilities of the "Recombinant protein production platform," which facilitates the scaling up of target protein production and SdAb purification. The collective expertise cultivated by these teams serves as a valuable resource for collaborative projects that aim to address fundamental questions in cell biology or explore new avenues in cancer diagnosis and therapeutics.
We are seeking an Engineer with a background in biochemistry and molecular biology to contribute to ongoing scientific projects. These projects are focused on the biochemical and structural characterization of medically important proteins, including human protein fragments, single domain antibodies, artificially designed proteins, growth factors, and more. The role will involve the production of recombinant proteins and protein complexes using established protocols, as well as the development of new methodologies. Additionally, responsibilities encompass plasmid maintenance, cell and protein inventory management, media and reagent preparation, lab documentation, troubleshooting, and adaptation to the collaborative laboratory environment. This position offers opportunities for cross-training in complementary techniques as required for specific projects.
- Amplification, purification, and storage of plasmid DNA
- Molecular cloning
- Expression of recombinant proteins in E.coli and/or eukaryotic expression systems
- Purification of recombinant proteins at both analytical and preparative scales
- Preparation of samples for in vitro protein binding assays, including pull-downs, MST, ITC, and BLI
- (Optional) Screening of protein crystallization conditions
- Preparation and testing of consumables to optimize protein purification protocols, including maintaining laboratory stocks
- Detailed record-keeping and report generation for all procedures and results
- Analysis and interpretation of experimental data, with input into subsequent experimental designs
- Assistance in protocol optimization and development of new techniques to enhance laboratory efficiency
- Summarization and presentation of data at internal meetings.
Training and experience required
- Master's or PhD degree in biological sciences, biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related life science discipline (preferred)
- Experience in molecular cloning
- Experience in recombinant protein production within E.coli expression systems
- Proficiency in planning and conducting molecular cloning and protein purification experiments, as well as in effectively analyzing, interpreting, recording, and presenting experimental outcomes
- Experience with eukaryotic expression systems (training can be provided)
- Training in phage display technology can be provided (if required for the projects)
- Communication in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on multiple projects while maintaining clear communication of progress and results with team members
- Diligent adherence to established experimental protocols
- Competence in analyzing experimental data, drawing conclusions, and providing suggestions for improvement
- Proficiency in using MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams)
- Positive attitude, willingness, and enthusiasm to contribute flexibly to assignments as needed
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to anticipate issues and proactively address them
Exceptional attention to detail, self-audit for data accuracy, commitment to data integrity, and timely completion of tasks, including accurate report generation
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities.
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 6 months (with a possibility of extension for an additional 6 months)
- Working time: Full time
- Remuneration: According to the current grids
- Location of the position: Paris
- Reference: 2023-10-UMR144-ING01
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and references, to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Publication date: October 12th, 2023
Deadline for application: December 31st, 2023
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.