Context - Laboratory
The Vallot Lab at UMR3244 (Dynamics Of Epigenetic Plasticity In Cancer, https://institut-curie.org/team/vallot Institut Curie, Paris - FR) is seeking a talented postdoctoral scientist with strong background in molecular biology, and interest in interdisciplinary research. Our lab occupies both computational scientists and wet lab researchers and are embedded within the Curie Hospital to lead translational research projects. The lab is located in Institut Curie, an exciting multi-disciplinary scientific environment, with multiple platforms and facilities (mouse husbandry, imaging facility, single-cell and sequencing platforms). We benefit from a proximity and regular collaborations with the ESPCI (Paris, FR) for single-cell & microfluidics technology developments. In addition, the lab is engaged in various strong collaboration with other teams in national and international level. Members of the team have the opportunity to get involved in many projects and regularly participate in international scientific events.
Our lab studies focus on non-genetic mechanisms of breast tumor evolution during the early phases of tumor initiation and in response and resistance to cancer treatment. We are developing experimental and computational approaches to map epigenomic marks at single-cell resolution, allowing the study of chromatin mark dynamics in tumor samples (Grosselin et al. Nat Genet 2019; Prompsy et al. Nat Comm 2020).
We aim to add a time variable to our single-cell appreciation of epigenomes by combining lineage tracing and targeted sequencing to single-cell chromatin profiling approaches. The objective of the project will be to reconstruct the dynamics of chromatin features during early breast tumorigenesis and identify how epigenomes are transmitted during early cancer progression. The postdoc will be working with our in vivo mouse models of breast tumor, which include an in vivo barcoding of the initiating tumor cells.
Training and Skills required:
- Strong experience with mouse handling and dissection.
- Experience in bioinformatics analysis of NGS or single-cell datasets.
- Strong background in molecular biology, NGS, epigenomic analysis.
- Experience in single cell technologies would be a very significant asset.
- Being a team player, organized and curious, and able to drive the dynamics of the project.
- Great communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently, managerial abilities, aptitude for working in a team.
- Ability to communicate
- Fluency in English.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities.
- Type of contract: Fixed-term contract.
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duration: 1-3 years renewable
- Working time: Full time
- Renumeration: According to the current grids and experience - starting from 59 000 €
- Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
- Location of the position: Paris
- Reference: 2023-10-UMR3244-POSTDOC02
Please send your CV, cover letter and 2 references, to Céline Vallot - firstname.lastname@example.org
Publication date: October 9th, 2023
Deadline for application: November 30th, 2023
This position will remain open until filled. We are reviewing applications as they are received:
as such candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible.
Institut Curie is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer
and is dedicated to the highest standards of research integrity.